Monday, November 3, 2008

For Michelle

It has been almost a month since my last post and I am sure most of you are thinking "about time". Nothing big has been going on so this post is all of the little things the last few weeks. First of all, my mom went to have chemo today and was turned away. Please keep her in your prayers. Her numbers were really low this time. I keep telling myself "it is all in God's hands". Hopefully next week will be better. The good thing is Mom gets a week without poison put in her body and an excuse to rest all day.

Everyone told me that when Riley started school I would make friends with other moms. I did not believe them but sure enough it has happened. I have become pretty close to a mom of a boy in Riley's class. The odd thing is that we both feel that we have known each other for ever. Anyways, we let the boys have their first sleep over. The first weekend at my house, the next weekend at their house. They are like two peas in a pod. When I volunteer at his school and I see them down the hall they are always next to each other. Poor Mrs. Whiteman. It does remind me of the friends that I was real close to growing up and still talk to today. I am curious if this will be one of those friendships.

This Halloween Aaron and I were invited to a friends house that lives in Fort Worth for a party for the kids. Before we went to town we decided to trick-or-treat my parents and the Gearys. Between the two houses there was no need to trick-or-treat any more. They had so much candy. I think we walked away with the equivalent of a whole night knocking on doors! Riley chose to spend the night with his friend so we dropped him off on our way into town.

Although my friend in Fort Worth does not have any children of her own she decided to put together a party for all of her friends and family who do have small children. It was a hit!!!! She had fun games for the kids to play, lots of food, and made the cutest cupcakes. I wish I had pictures to show. During the evening we went to one of the near by neighborhoods and, of course, went trick-or-treating more.(If anyone wants candy we have plenty to share!!!)

Cooks, we hated to miss your party! I am sure it was a blast also. Cant wait to see the pictures!

Sorry this is so long. I will try not to let it happen again.

Thank you to everyone who is praying for my mom!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks! Love it!

I want some of that candy too! :)

Joyce said...

Wow, I might even feel like eating some of that candy myself this week! I was so glad that I did get to see those precious babies in their costumes before their big party night! Thanks to everyone who keeps me in their prayers - I feel every one of them.