Friday, September 19, 2008

Cancer, Cancer Everywhere

So it seems that everyone I talk to knows someone who is dealing with cancer. I don't know if I hear about it more lately because it is in my own life or if there really are more cases of it today. The other day I went to the bank and was talking to a friend of mine from when I worked there. As I was talking to her about mom and all that is going on she started telling me about her sister that was just diagnosed with cancer. I could not believe my ears as she tells me that her sister has lymphoma. A side note here, my Maw-maw had lymphoma so this touches me deeply. I then find out that she is pretty much on the same schedule as my mom. She got her port in yesterday and starts her chemo today. Her name is Jessica. She is married and has two very small children. My request to those of you reading this is as you lift up my mom in prayer please also lift up Jessica and her family. Thank you to my many prayer warriors.

Starla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Starla I will pray for Jessica and your Mother. How did it go yesterday?
I am praying for strength and Godly wisdom for you.
Love JAne