Tuesday, September 23, 2008

ONE DOWN

I am sure that everyone knows that mom had her first treatment yesterday. God blessed us with a day much better than I expected. To give you the short version of the story... Mom, Dad, and I got to the office around 9:45 am. Mom got her blood work done and saw the doctor by 11:00 am. Then Dad left around noon (there was no reason for both of us to sit with Mom). She was hooked up by 12:30, and we were back in the car by 3:45 pm. Not bad for a first dose of chemo.

Amazingly Mom has not been very sick. Praise God!! I talked to her today around 3:00 and she was feeling good. She said she did not sleep well through the night, so has napped a lot today. Overall she is much better than anyone would have expected. I hope it will be this good next week. Thank you for all of your prayers. I know it is because of prayer that she is doing so good!

For the full version of yesterday, go to Mom's blog page. If you don't have "Joyce's Journey" it is under "My Blog List".

As for Aaron and I, we leave tomorrow for Lake Whitney!! A much needed family vacation. Hopefully I will be able to put the pictures on my blog when we get back.

No comments: