Thursday, February 3, 2011

Feb 3

Let me tell you about my morning...Riley had school today so we got up and ready early not knowing what the roads would be like today. Everything went well and Riley was even a little early. Then on the way home I accidently went past our road and tried to turn around. "Tried" being the key word here. I managed to get my front tires stuck in the soft snow and my back tires on the icy road. Oops! After about 30 minutes of me trying to get us out I decided to call our landlord to see if he knew anyone with a tractor to get me (and Dakota and Toby) out of this mess. He called his wife and she called a few numbers. After waiting a few more minutes she called me back and said she had left a few messages but could not get hold of anyone. Oh man, what do I do now?! I then spent the next half hour again trying what I could to get that darn truck on the road! I finally got hold of Aaron and decided to get the boys out and we would just have to walk the rest of the way back to the house and come get the truck later. As I start to unload the boys I hear the magnificent sound of a TRACTOR!!!! One of the messages the landlord left was heard and I had someone coming to my rescue. His name is Jonathan and he is my new hero. He pulled me out and followed me home to plow the snow off of the drive. What an awesome person God sent to my rescue. When he was done he came in for a few minutes to give me his phone numbers (in case we needed his help in the future). But while he was inside we started talking about where things were like doctors, hospitals, churches, grocery stores, etc. He then invited us to church with him on Sunday. He said if Aaron is not able to go that he and his family would meet me so I would not have to go alone. I am really excited about this and hope this is the reason I was stuck in the first place.

Praying that we have our hearts open to what God has planned! Miss you all!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Our God is an Awesome God!!!!!!!