Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mom's Week Here

This last week seems to have flown by! Tuesday we woke up and I took Riley to school with a two hour delay because of the amount of snow that fell over the night. On the way to school the roads had been plowed but the wind was really blowing and the snow was starting to build up. The whole way home from taking him I debated on turning around and going back and getting him because of the snow drifts on the side of the road. After about 3 hours I decided to go get him. Good thing I did because the snow drifts were half way across the road. That night on Aaron's way home he was pushed off the road and into the thick snow because of these snow drifts. The next morning I decided to keep Riley home from school and Aaron had to call someone with a tractor to come pull the Expedition back onto the road. Mom and I stayed home with the boys while Aaron had to go back to work.

Thursday morning the wind had stopped and the roads again were clear so Riley went to school and Mom and I decided to go into town and get some shopping done for the house. The nearest town is Elmira/Horseheads which is about the size of Weatherford. It has all the normal stores and a mall. We had some lunch out and then back to the house and pick-up Riley from school. That night Aaron took me out on a date and surprised me by taking me to the jewelry store to trade in my wedding band and get a new one. We then went to a movie and dinner. What a great evening!! Thank you so much Aaron!!!!

Friday after I took Riley to school I took Mom to eat in Towanda. Towanda is a quaint village on the banks of a river that looks like it came out of a picture. It is mostly two story Victorian style homes with cute little shops on the main street. Then we headed back to the house to drop Mom and the two little boys off so I could go to Riley's Valentine's Day party. Little did I know parents don't go to the party"s here. I was the only parent. Oh well, Riley was glad I was there and that is what matters.

Saturday we woke up got ready and headed back to Horseheads to do a little shopping and take Mom to eat lunch before we took Mom to the airport. As the morning went along Mom's flight was delayed a couple times because of mechanical problems. The flight was delayed so much that we were afraid she was going to miss her connecting flight in Philadelphia. When she went to check-in we decided it was better for her to wait a day instead of getting to DFW at 11:45 at night. So we get an extra night with her! Whoo hoooo!!!! While in town we decided to go to the pet store to get Riley a new pet and came home with a cute little white MOUSE!! (and a cage)

Today we are going to try a new church eat some lunch and once again take Mom to the airport. Hope you all have a blessed day! Miss and love you all!

No comments: